Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Sunset sky from the backyard

The weather is simply too nice to pass. Standing in our backyard, I set up my easel again to paint the view which I face on a daily basis. Over the past decade fewer and fewer trees left standing there now due to age and the elements. I remember when we first moved here in 1998 there were so many more trees standing there behind the line of hedges making it almost impossible to get a glimpse of the houses there. Sarah is going back to school tomorrow,  and I always feel  a bit emptiness in my heart when she leaves. This Christmas is so special with her coming home with her friend , and with my sister and her family joining us after 8 years of their moving away from Brandon. Now  one by one they are gone again , leaving us with unforgettable memory, and  a sense of loneliness which will only dissipate with our daily busy self-engagement. The sun is setting again  drenching everything in view with a warm wash of light and colour.

No comments: