Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Two Jacks Lake


What a breathtakingly beautiful view of Two Jack Lake! The emerald green color of the lake is just so intoxicating to me. The ice has melted away unveiling the hidden beauty of the lake. We find two lonely Canada geese on the remaining patches of ice there examining us with such intense curiosity. Dark clouds start to accumulate all of a sudden after a few minutes of painting and snow pallets start to fall amid gust of wind. I have to finish this painting in a real hurry. I wish I could come back again and again. This will be my last painting from the Rockies for tomorrow we will have to pack up and leave this beautiful land ,of course with 18 paintings serving as my memories of the beautiful Rockies and of the wonderful time spent with my parents who came from China to visit us in Canada, and with Sarah who has just finished her first year at University of Alberta and with Fenping, my wife who has toiled for so many days to make sure this trip is a successful one.

No comments: