Friday, September 10, 2010

From our backyard

So many days have passed before I pick up my brush again! I have not had such a long break yet from painting on a daily basis. Came back from China early September after almost three month stay there over the summer. Each trip back to Canada from China will somehow dilute  my sense of having my home here a bit. It is always hard to say goodbye to your aged parents, leaving them behind and, not knowing if you could see them again. They are the only reason we just can not  sever our emotional ties yet to that distant land with so much of our memory which , though dimmed with time but constantly refreshed by  our visits back.Today I found myself standing in the backyard in the warm autumn sun as if trying to regain my sense of home. Backyard is a kind of metaphor for our sense of being at home , for being at ease with your own self, for accessing a retreat to a comfort zone. We all need a backyard to go back to in our life. The color started to turn with the approaching of the fall season. I felt myself enveloped by peace and serenity , and all of a sudden the din of the boisterous way of daily life of China started to fade away.

No comments: