Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Brandon University

Standing on the corner of 18th Street and Lorne Ave painting this view early in the morning somehow brought back my earliest memory of Brandon . Can not believe it  that it is  20 years ago almost to the day  that I started my first ever summer course at Brandon University. I remember how I was both nervous and excited , and how I was still trying to step out of the shadows of sadness of leaving your own  family , a part of yourself far behind in China, not knowing when you could see them again, and when your heart could feel whole again. That was before the digital communication age came, communication across ocean  depended on snail mail. Now 20 years have passed , the landscape in front remains the same , and  the memory behind only grows fonder with the passage of two decades of my life.  A young lady passing by was gracious enough to offer me the best complement about my painting that I have ever received. So thankful to her for it was her comment that really made my day!

No comments: