Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Noon hour at the main beach of Clear Lake of Riding Mountain National Park

What a wonderful day in many senses it is today! I drove over to Clear Lake again from Brandon in the morning. I located the cottage I was commissioned to paint , and to my pleasant surprise, I realized that this happened to be the cottage where the world famous violinist James Ehnes was staying for the annual Clear lake Chamber Music Festival where he gives performance. I felt so honored to be able to paint this beautiful cottage right on the lake. Around noon hour I stopped by the main beach after a short visit at Wasagaming Community Arts Centre where my show the Light and Colour of Summer Clear lake was still on, I set up my easel there near the path and started to paint.  Before supper I got back to my dear friends Jan and Alicja's cottage to have supper with them. Sitting and chatting with them on their deck surround by soaring aspens on a beautiful day like this , I felt myself on the edge of paradise. After supper I went to the second concert of Clear Lake Music Festival with Jan and Allicja where they volunteer every year and where every year Jan donates his beautiufl digital art prints for fund raising for the event. This year I have the honor to donate a few of my paintings to the event as well. The second concert tonight again showcases the  world famous violinist James Ehnes as well as the pianist and B.U music professor Alexander Tselyakov and also his most talent young son Daniel Tselyakov. From Johann Sebastian Bach , Haydn to Shostakovich , the audience indulged themselves in the lavishing beauty of classical music and the rare moment when you can meet and chat in person with the most talented world famous performers.

No comments: