Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A jubilant moment of nature in winter

A day of jubilation in the United State as they celebrate the inauguration of their new president. A sense of the time and sense of history in the making permeate the crowd of millions of people who gather there to watch the historical moment. Whenever I paint a view of nature I always try to personify the mood of a fleeting moment, maybe trying to imbue into it a particular emotion that arises in me. As I walked past the grove of trees on Balmoral Bay on my way home from work, the brilliant afternoon sunlight splashed over the trees lighting up their profiles ,and making their shadows dance over the bright patch of snow. Is this nature's moment of jubilation?

1 comment:

http://rebeccahannay.blogspot.com/ said...

beautiful work, I love it, exactly the kind of art that I admire.