Thursday, August 27, 2009

Aspens againt a backdrop of Pyramid Mountain

Today marks our 25th wedding anniversary. 25 years ago when we married in the far northwestern China my wife and I could not in our widest dream foresee where our course of life would lead us to. However, after so many twists and turns, and after 5 years of separations far and long apart, we eventually built our home again in the beautiful country of Canada! Deep in our heart there is a shared feeling of thankfulness and gratitude towards this new country in whose embracing and generous arms we found our refuges giving my young daughter a new start in her blossoming life. I am sure with our constant reminder she has been cherishing her new opportunity very seriously. She came at the age of 6 without a word of English, and yet by the time she finishes her high school she graduates with the greatest distinction winning a Governor General medal and with 9 high school courses ending with a perfect 100 percent score among them is her grade 12 Provencal English examination a 100 percent finish! We come to this quite spot on the Pyramid lake surrounded by mountains and aspen woods. I am dedicating this painting to my wife and daughter whose understanding and indulgence towards me make it possible for me to chase the vista of beauty in my life day by day and year by year!

1 comment: