Thursday, December 31, 2009

Sunlight receding on the last day of the year

Again it is time to say goodbye to the year. Always get a bit sentimental at this time of the year. After all, it is such a wonderful year for all of us , the memory of which will linger in our heart forever fresh and vivid. Standing in front of our window in the late afternoon  on New Year's Eve watching the last sunlight receding swiftly into dusk of the day, I felt myselft swept away by the accumulation of the memory from the past , from that distant moments  when I was also standing somewhere reluctatly watching the torrent of time carrying away relentlessly a part of my life. I remember I was standing by the window of an  eastbound passenger train gliding to a stop on the platform of Nanjing Raiilway Station when it struck Midnight on New Year's Eve of 1982, leaving a part of my life  forever behind  to the Western China .

No comments: