Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A view of Kapalua Bay with Merryman's restarant in the distance



Tatjana and Duncan's wedding is the reason that we all come to gather on this beautiful island. This morning after a few minutes walk we find ourselves at this beautiful location where their wedding ceremony will be hold on Friday. With Merryman's restaurant in the distance and with the beautiful Kapalua Bay unfolding in front of my eyes, I find myself a spot with my easel. It is quite hot standing in the sun with strong light glaring from the sky and ocean beach which makes painting  of this view a bit difficult. However,  the stunning view with the emerald green sweep of the ocean waves and cheerfulness of the human activities on the beach provides such a feast to my eyes that I do not feel tired at all. It is with such a reluctance that I have to pack up and leave the spot for our base at the Outrigger Napili Shore. This painting is specially painted obviously for Tatjana and Duncan as a memory I hope of where their life long journey officially starts on this beautiful island of Maui. May their life long journey together be filled with ever lasting joy and happiness.

No comments: