Saturday, May 16, 2009

Brandon University

After dropping Ping at work, I made a detour to B.U campus with my easel. It was so quiet on the campus that I could hardly see any sign of human activities except a few of the crew working on plants and group of people having their wedding pictures taken in front of the original building by a professional photographer. Standing here looking at the BU landmark building I could not help but thinking how this university had totally changed the course of my personal life, and how a personal decision made incidentally 18 years ago could have a such an impact on myself and the rest of my family! and on a broader scale, how what happened almost exactly twenty years to the day in Beijing , China in May 1989 had so much changed the course of late 20 century history as well as the lives of thousands upon thousands of Chinese students like me. As I was painting this view,  I found myself sinking deeper and deeper in thought tracing back the road I had followed which led me to Brandon, Canada where I would soon mark my 18Th anniversary! 

No comments: