Sunday, May 3, 2009

Broadway Avenue

Standing under the shadow of Hotel Fort Garry on Broadway Avenue I set up my easel on the sidewalk for my last painting. At the end of the street the green dome of the railway station was sparkling in the bright sunlight. I tried to  imagine what life was like in the hay days of railway travel and how teemed with life was this particular location then. It was getting really warmer while I was standing there painting  I seemed to be able to see the shimmering green in the big elm trees lining up the street where pedestrian and traffic conjure up a picture of busy urban life. After all it was alreay May and spring is finally here to stay. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.