Saturday, July 25, 2009

A glimpse of Viscount Cultural Center of Neepawa


Viscount Cultural Center is located on the quiet street of Mountain Ave lined up with big elm trees. This is the venue where my collection of 38 paintings painted all over Neepawa and its surrounding area will be on display from August 4 to August 28 of this year. It is only fitting to leave its image on my canvas to be included for the exhibition. While painting this view, a fleet of cars with a bride and groom and their quests passing by and while my wife and I were having a picnic right in front of the building, we realized that this building that day may have serve as a reception place for some occasion like this. We were just guessing as we saw cars with different provincial plates coming to park along the street. If so I hope this small painting of mine would serve as a small footnote to that special moment in the young couple's life.

No comments: