Monday, July 20, 2009

Lake Katharine-- the enchanted lake


At the end of my outdoor painting workshop, we drove down to Lake Katerine in the Riding Mountain National Park. It was such a beautiful moment of the day when the intense but mellow summer afternoon sunlight imputed an enchanted mood to the lake and turned its water into a sheen of emerald green. A group of people with children came to visit the lake and the kids were quite fascinated to see me painting on the spot and kept on checking on my progress to make sure that I could paint them onto my canvas. I had to explain how it was impossible to represent individual human figure visually on a small piece of canvas. Hope I did not disappointed them. We lingered on the lake sitting there at a picnic table indulging ourselves in the warm embracing of its enchanted arms.

No comments: