Sunday, July 17, 2011

Lake Katherine

Drove all the way to Lake Katherine to paint early in the morning at 8 a.m. Lake Katherine is a picture of serenity with loons dashing across the surface of the lake with their serene and hunting voice reverberating through the air, with fishing turning its back near the shore, and with dragon flies darting in the air chasing mosquitoes. I was deeply touched by what I see all around me, and this is the moment when you can not help but just marveling at God's creation, from the universe down to a single blade of grass! I just want to savor every single minute of my presence there to  feel deeply the pulse of nature,  to be engulfed by complete silence , and to hear my heart pounding with excitement. This is the moment when you just want to repeat John Keats' last  lines from his Ode on a Grecian Urn    "Beauty is truth, truth beauty"---that is all
            Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.

No comments: